What Does Gradient Compression Hosiery Do?
- Improves blood flow through the veins
- Increases circulation
- Increases oxygen to the muscle tissue
They are designed to provide a controlled amount of pressure which is tightest at the ankles and gradually becomes less constrictive towards the knees and thighs. Compressing the surface veins, arteries, and muscles will allow more blood to return to the heart as the arterial pressure increases. As a result, less blood pooling in the feet!
How Do Graduated Compression Socks Help Athletes?
Compression socks have been shown to help athletic performance and recovery.
- The less lactic acid buildup in the legs during exercise
- Improved oxygen and nutrients to the muscle tissue that has been deprived during a workout/sport
- Improved circulation and blood flow through the veins
- Decreased exercise-induced muscle soreness in the legs
Who Should Wear Gradient Compression Hosiery?
You can benefit from wearing gradient compression hosiery if you have the following symptoms/conditions below:
- Tired, aching, fatigued legs
- Swollen feet, ankles, and legs
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Moderate to severe varicose veins
- Prolonged sitting or standing
- Pregnant with moderate swelling/edema