Shockwave Therapy is a non-invasive treatment and non-surgical treatment. It is an intense and brief treatment that lasts no longer than 30 minutes. Acoustic waves with high energy peaks are transmitted to interact with tissue causing overall medical effects of accelerated tissue repair and cell growth, analgesia, and mobility restoration. It is effective to speed up the healing process especially when the body is hard to heal on its own.
Conditions treated by Shockwave Therapy:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendonopathy
- Retrocalcaneal Bursitis
- Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
- Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer’s Elbow)
- Calcific Tendonitis (supraspinatus tendon, )
- Patellar Tendinosis (Jumper’s Knee)
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Chronic Stress/Non-union Fractures
- Hamstring / Adductor strain
- Scar tissue treatment
- Stress fractures.